Cascadia Rail is looking for some talented new folks to join our leadership team!
Are you ready to get on board?
Who We Are
Founded in 2018, Cascadia Rail is an advocacy organization dedicated to the rapid construction of high speed rail in the Pacific Northwest.
Cascadia Rail is advocating for a system that starts with the passenger. That means removing barriers to use, shifting car and plane trips to high-speed rail trips, and building rail-integrated communities that reduce sprawl, improve affordability, and lower emissions. High-speed rail should be the most convenient choice of transportation options, rather than driving or flying.
What that looks like:
- Linking Seattle, Vancouver, Portland and regional centers with a high-speed rail system
- Connecting jobs with station locations in downtowns, at airports, and near employment centers to benefit the most people possible
- Creating seamless multi-modal connections with station locations that link with each city’s existing bus/rail network
- Offering ticket prices that are affordable for the most people
- Fighting climate change with a project build timeline that will meet our 2030 climate goals
Join The Team
The Cascadia Rail Leadership Team consists of professionals from a range of backgrounds in Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia. We are champions of the Cascadia High Speed Rail Project proposed by Washington Governor Inslee, British Columbia Premier Horgan and Oregon Governor Kate Brown.
The Cascadia Rail Leadership Team is working to increase awareness about the benefits of high-speed rail, and fundraising to support our advocacy efforts.
- Secure the rapid construction of high-speed rail lines to connect cities and towns throughout the Pacific Northwest
- Develop productive partnerships with policy makers, decision makers and community groups
- Educate stakeholders and the public about the range of benefits of high speed rail through online events and digital communications
- Create memorable and easy-to-understand communications materials
- Grow an active network of regional chapters, currently: Seattle, Vancouver BC, Portland, and Bellingham.
- Receive sustainable annual or monthly contributions to Cascadia Rail to support a small group of staff.
Leadership Team Roles & Responsibilities
- Champion a vision for high-speed rail in the Pacific Northwest
- Raise funds from individuals, businesses, and foundations
- Implement strategies to educate stakeholders and the public about high speed rail in the Pacific Northwest, as well as at the national level.
- Participate in and promote Cascadia Rail events and social media posts
- Build relationships with legislators, business, and community organizations.
Fill out this form to express interest and email your resume.
Cascadia Rail champions perspectives from different gender and cultural identities as well as people with disabilities. Neighbors who have been historically underrepresented in transportation are strongly encouraged to apply.